Vineyard Power Business Development Internship:
Vineyard Power is looking for an enthusiastic and self-disciplined individual with a strong interest in renewable energy to join the cooperative’s team for the summer. The focus of the summer will be on our current 399 kW solar installations on island and on our development of offshore wind in the Massachusetts Wind Energy Area. The intern would be working both in and out of the office 20 hours per a week for 10 weeks.
Responsibilities (not limited to, but include);
· Blog – creating content and site maintenance.
· Social Media – updating with relevant renewable energy news and community events on VP’s Facebook and website.
· Research – creating a weekly summary of important research, policy and news pertaining to wind and solar technology for internal circulation.
· Community Outreach – Attending community meetings, Educating potential members & current members, and Attending summer fairs and events.
· Office Administration – Database update and cleaning, processing new members.
· Participate in an Electricity Class – Learn from an industry expert.
· Genuine interest in renewable energy and energy efficiency technology and policy.
· Renewable energy technology or policy related coursework.
· Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop and Google Docs.
· Must have strong writing, editing and critical thinking skills. Blogging experience a plus!
· Strong preference to previous internship or office experience.
· Outgoing personality with public speaking experience.
· Able to work independently and accomplish tasks on deadline.
· Current Massachusetts’ resident or attended college in Massachusetts for 2016-2017 school year.
Internship Dates: Thursday, June 1st 2017 through Thursday, August 10th, 2017*.
* Note: Must be available to work 20 hours each week for all 10 weeks.
Deadline to Apply: Wednesday, April 26 2017.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested students must apply through MassCEC Website. They are funding the internship at Vineyard Power, so students must adhere to their application procedures and qualifications. This is a paid internship.